Image Map

Facebook Pinterest Twitter Instagram Email Family Home Crafty Recipes Goals Blog Roll PR

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Baby Tackle Box

If you haven't noticed, C gets sick quite a bit. A cold here, an ear infection there, the occasional no name virus...nothing ever too serious, but enough to warrant medicine and lots of rest. When he'd come down with something, we always found ourselves fumbling through his changing table looking for the thermometer and probe covers (only to realize we were out) or trying to figure out where the right dropper was for which medication. It was ridiculous.

Enter the tackle box.


That's right, a plain old tackle box (or Caboodle, if you will) to sort and store all of C's medicine and other baby things that tend to go rouge in drawers and cabinets.

On top, we put Advil and Tylenol (next to their corresponding droppers), nose related things (sucker, saline, Vicks), and teething stuff since those get used most. Then, the thermometer with the probe covers, extra droppers, and tummy related things (gripe water, Pedialyte packets, and pro-biotics) underneath. In the bottom is all of the other random things - Boogie Wipes, extra snot suckers, sunblock, extra unopened medicine, and the pouch we use when we travel.

It may seem like organization over kill, but this has been a life saver. Everything we would ever need in the middle of the night to soothe a screaming baby all in one place, clearly labeled.

We had this tackle box sitting around, but I can only imagine that they would be easy to find at one of the big box stores. Give it a try - its super helpful!

13 comments:

  1. this is genius! I tagged you in an 11 things post! http://schermanfamily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neat! I will have to do that when I get back - I'm away until Saturday and posting on my iPad makes formatting scary. Eek! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Such a smart idea. And funny- when I saw the picture my first thought was "caboodle". Do they still make caboodles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they do! This one totally looks like a caboodle, so it's at least a generic version of one. Haha

      Delete
  3. WHat a great idea!! I thought caboodle too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS
    IS
    AMAZING.

    I'm going to do it. Where did you get the kit?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the smartest thing on the internet for babies. I can't believe this hasn't been on TV! You're a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amaizing! We have a 4yo & 2 month I swish I had this edge she was little!! Oh well...ill have it for M!! Thank you! !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!
    Love this idea. May I ask where you bought the container? Is it truly a tackle box or more of a cosmetic case? I would love to find one.
    Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The box is more of a Caboodle (remember those?!) and it was given to us by my husbands Aunt and Uncle. It was just a random something they asked us if we could use when they were getting rid of it. You could use a Caboodle, tackle box, tool box, etc. Be creative and make it fit what you need!

      Delete
  8. This is such a great idea - the things you find via Pinterest :) How do you deal with boxes of different sized medications? That's what holds me back from setting one up like this - I feel like prescription boxes always change size and make it a challenge to organise.

    ReplyDelete