Image Map

Facebook Pinterest Twitter Instagram Email Family Home Crafty Recipes Goals Blog Roll PR

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Project Baby Room (Part 2)

This past weekend was pretty fabulous. Not only did the crib get here, but I was able to knock a ton of stuff off of my crafty to do list, too! Woo hoo!

The crib arrived on Friday and proud Papa was super excited to put it together. When we were picking it out, I found it hard to find the finish we were looking for. Everything seemed to be either natural, cherry, or espresso, but no medium brownish walnut color. Thank you Amazon.com for carrying exactly what we wanted! A beautiful dark walnut finish that matched the other furniture we had in the room. We love it!


How weird to see a crib in our apartment! Once the crib was up, I finally got the motivation to finish making all the bedding for it. Even though I had bumper foam inserts and just needed to make the actual covers and ties for them, the whole project seemed to take forever! Thanks to a marathon of Sandra Bullock movies on ABC Family, however, I had some good background noise and eventually got everything done.

Going with our farm animal theme, I also made animal pictures from scrapbook paper to hang up on the otherwise bare walls.


And here is the finished product! I'm not 100% in love with the color that the walls turned out (they ended up a little more golden yellow than we thought they would), but it's fine.



Now to just finish making this baby and we'll be all good! 20 weeks down, 20 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment