Image Map

Facebook Pinterest Twitter Instagram Email Family Home Crafty Recipes Goals Blog Roll PR

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Blow Out Sales = Crazy Pregnant Women

This morning, our local "Once Upon a Child" consignment shop had a huge blow out sale - anything on clearance you could fit into one of their plastic shopping bags would be charged as $10 total.

Wait...what?!

Yes, $10. Now, the prices there are typically reasonable (considering many things still have tags on them), but everything for $10? Time to get shopping.

I showed up before they opened at 10am and there was already a line of eager pregnant ladies and Moms (kids in tow). For a visual, I must mention that this is not a big store. Its a little shop with A LOT of stuff crammed into it. When they opened and handed out the bags the scene was a little reminiscent of Black Friday.

Despite not knowing whether we're having a boy or a girl, I think I made out pretty well. I ended finding quite a few gender neutral outfits (or at least what I would consider gender neutral). I even found things in the 12 months size that would work for a boy or a girl! I snagged 5 pairs of overalls, 6 pairs of jeans, 19 onesies/sleepers, and 12 outfits (tops and bottoms) between 0-12 months. Many items were name brand (Eddie Bauer, Osh Kosh, Gap, etc.) and some still had tags on!



And the rest...
.

Don't worry, you're not crazy. There are some outfits in there that are definitely for a boy or definitely for a girl. Towards the end of my shopping spree I had a little more room in my bag (somehow) and managed to squeeze in some adorable dresses and shirt/pant sets. I couldn't resist!! There aren't many and, hey, we'll end up using half of them.

My total came to $10.50 with $198.50 worth of discounts applied. Score. My mother would be proud.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that is an awesomely insane amount of baby clothes. You rock!

    ReplyDelete